6/4/14

The Three Series I'm Launching This Year

Most people probably don't know this, but I'm a highly ambitious person.  I like a challenge.  I love to solve puzzles.  Even when I was a kid, I collected money to help save the rain forest.  I understood the thrill of saying "Yes!" long before it became a fad or style of living.

When I realized I wanted to publish books and stories that would be the starts of three new series in the same year, I stood at the precipice for a second.  Did I want to commit myself to these projects wholeheartedly?  Did I want to risk spreading myself thin, wearing myself out, and jumbling all sorts of different ideas in my head?

The answer, of course, is yes.

What does this mean to you as readers or fans who aren't yet readers?  You get a lot of choices this year.

I gave you the medieval fantasy short story Prisoners to kick off the Brutal Worlds series in April.  Hopefully, I'll be able to follow that up with some of the aftermath of Janessa's actions by the end of the year.  Her revenge and escape lead to consequences for the entire kingdom, from the rebels to independent agents to the royal family.  Nobody leaves a story the same person they were when they came in.  You can find Brutal Worlds #1 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Prisoners-Brutal-Worlds-Cassandra-Leuthold-ebook/dp/B00JMF43IO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401910304&sr=8-1&keywords=prisoners+leuthold

For long-time followers of this blog who read my original posts, you might remember a project I've been working on for ages called Demonslayer.  It follows a shifting group of characters with inexplicable mental abilities that let them help or hurt others as they wish.  Everything centers around 8th-grade counselor Joshua Thompson, aka Demonslayer, who could probably use some therapy of his own.  Instead, he gets redeemed by some characters and pulled under by others.  If this interests you - which it should - make sure you follow by blog or by Facebook so you don't miss out.  I'll post the cover for it on Facebook before I show it anywhere else.  It's wickedly cool.

The third series is as different from these two as they are from each other.  But I'm leaving it a mystery for now because it's going to be the theme of my blog for the summer.  I'll post the details for that in 2 or 3 weeks.  Let's just say if you like steampunk, this is the place to be for the next three months.

Whatever you're into, these are the stories I'll be offering through the rest of the year.  Happy reading, whoever's book it is!

No comments :

Post a Comment