3/12/14

Castles, Revenge, and Brutal Worlds

A big thank you to all the people who participated in my blog poll.  Castles is now my new Pinterest board, taking 2/3 of the votes.  Even if you don't have a Pinterest account, you can see my board here.  I've already started collecting pictures of castles from all over the world from the beautiful and pristine to abandoned and gothic.  I think it's going to be a great spread.  Good choice!

I told you when I posted the poll you could tell what my next story is about based on the options - castles, rebels, strong women, dungeons, and medieval times.  When you put them together, you get this:


Bring your appetite for revenge and leave your blood phobia at home.  “Prisoners” follows the privileged Lady Janessa, who's been living a lie for the last 20 years.  When a new prisoner in the dungeon dredges up her hidden past, Janessa finally comes to her senses.  Considering what her enemies did to her and how much they still control her, Janessa's revenge is long overdue.

I'm releasing “Prisoners” as a short story, but it's also the perfect introduction to a new medieval fantasy universe I'm calling Brutal Worlds.  This isn't the last you'll hear about castles, idealistic rebels, or even Janessa.  She'll be back (eventually), along with a host of other characters as strong, independent, and willing to do what needs to be done.  Like half of my other projects, “Prisoners” has been many years in the making, so I'm pretty ecstatic to share it with you.

No comments :

Post a Comment