2/12/14

New Reader Poll & JK Rowling's Matchmaking Regrets

Welcome to the weekly Wednesday post.

It's been ages since I asked your opinion in a reader poll, so here's your chance to tell me what you want.  I'm releasing my next short story, “Prisoners,” in the next few months, but I don't have a Pinterest board for it.  (XZA has the Underrated Media group board, “My Best Friend's Diary” has Amazing Diaries, “Deadhill” has Rustic Views & Living, and “Harlequin” has Masks.)

You have 5 options, all of them related to my story.  But I'm not going to tell you what it's about - you can probably piece it together from the options, anyway.  The board isn't about me.  It's about the pictures you want to see.  You did such a great job on the last poll, I'm leaving this entirely in your hands.  You can find the poll in the upper right-hand corner of this blog.  Even if you're not on Pinterest, please vote - you can also check out my boards directly from my Facebook page.

While we're waiting on the results, we can ponder the latest JK Rowling news.  She made Internet headlines when she admitted Hermione Granger should've ended up with Harry Potter instead of Ron Weasley.  There are dozens of articles on it that pop up with a simple Google search (including an open letter from Entertainment Weekly), but US Magazine has a short and sweet rundown.  Thoughts?  Reactions?  As the only person on the planet who hasn't read the series, it just gives me author doubt.  (Did I pair up the wrong characters in any of my books?)

No comments :

Post a Comment