12/31/13

New Books, New Year

Happy last day of 2013!

I hope you got all the Hanukkah/Yule/Solstice/Christmas/Kwanzaa presents you asked for.  And I hope you saved room on your bookshelves, your Kindles, Nooks, iPads, and nightstands.

It was a great year for publishing, whether you were a reader or a writer.  I published Deadhill in February and XZA: A Novel in October, followed by the paperback version in November.  (You can read the opening pages on the right-hand sidebar.)






Here's what you have to look forward to in the next few months:

January: Green Hill Press will release my husband Josh's first chapbook (short collection) of poems.  If you think you know what poetry is, you haven't read his.  These aren't maudlin ramblings of love and loss.  His poetry is the real deal, and I'd rank it right up there with Viggo Mortensen's Recent Forgeries and George Kalamaras' The Theory and Function of Mangoes.




In February, I'll release my first short story under the Green Hill Press imprint.  I already mentioned “Harlequin" in my interview with Cathrine Garnell, but I'll set the stage again.  It's dark, slightly twisted, haunting, beautiful, and picks at the deepest fear in all of us that maybe we're better off hiding our most vulnerable places.

Have a great New Year's Eve whether you stay in or go out.  Stay warm if you live in the cold.  If you're already toasty warm, especially on a beach somewhere, we in the US Midwest envy you.


For updates on Green Hill Press' upcoming releases, stay in touch with the buttons on the right - Facebook and blog-by-email.

No comments :

Post a Comment